venerdì 17 aprile 2009

My first big piece!

This tray is an order from a customer who has also ordered 12 sets of cutlery. Then after that they had the idea to buy a tray and asked me to cover the handles. The back of the tray had the manufacturer's mark engraved on it so I decided to cover the whole back. Heck! I wanted to do it so that I can at last do big pieces. I always covered small stuff, so now I can say that this is my first big piece. Hope for more to come and I already have ideas….
The scenery might seem like trees and stars but actually the trees are supposed to be corals and the circles signify the eggs during spawning. The clay is slightly metallic in colour and the texture is also ribbed to make it seem more water-like. I am proud of this piece, and hope that the people who receive this would enjoy it as much as me.

The tray is stainless steel. This is the front of the tray, you can only see the handles decorated.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento